The Starwood American Express card just increased their sign up bonus to 35,000 points!
This is their highest sign up bonus; the only other time they offered it was last spring for a few weeks. The standard sign up bonus is 25,000 points and they usually bump it up to 30,000 points sometime during the summer.
The offer is good for both the personal and the business card, but it’s only good through the April 5.
It’s time to celebrate Free Money Friday.
How to Get Your 35,000 Point Sign Up Bonus
- Apply for the Starwood American Express card* or the Starwood Business card* by April 5, 2017.
- Spend $3,000 ($5,000 on the business card) within the first 3 months to earn 25,000 points.
- Spend $2,000 more ($3,000 on the business card) in the first 6 months to earn 10,000 more points.
*Find and compare all current credit card offers in our credit card directory.
American Express Terms and Conditions
- $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases.
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
More on Starwood
Marriott and Starwood. You can link your Starwood and Marriott accounts and transfer the points between them. 35,000 Starwood points will become 105,000 Marriott points.
Match Points. If you opened this card recently with a lower offer, you may be able to earn some extra points by requesting a match to the current offer. Sometimes they’ll give you some extra points and sometimes they won’t. I called yesterday, but wasn’t successful in getting the match.
Free Hotel Nights. You can use your Starpoints at 1,200 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide. There are no blackout dates.
Earning Points. You’ll earn up to 5 points per dollar spent at SPG hotels and 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
Transferring Points. My husband and I combine our Starwood points to redeem them. It’s quick to transfer points to others in your household.
Referrals. You can receive 5,000 Starpoints for referrals, up to a maximum of 55,000 Starpoints per calendar year.
More Popular Free Money Offers
- Marriott 80,000 Point Sign Up Bonus
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus $525+ Sign Up Bonus
- Capital One Venture 40,000 Mile Sign Up Bonus
- How to Automatically Earn $120 Every Year from the Better Balance Rewards Card